Tuesday 31 January 2023

Introduction L2 learning and teaching



Introduction L2 learning and teaching.

According to Cambridge Dictionary, language means a system of communication used by people in a particular country or type of work[1]. According to Oxford Dictionary, language means a method of communication either speaking or writing, consisting of words in structure and conventional way.[2]

Language teaching became popular as a profession in the early part of the 20th century. Central to this process was the emergence of this concept of the method of language teaching. There are three main concepts in 2nd language teaching namely method, approach and technique. According to Edward Anthony (1965) an approach is a set of assumptions dealing with the nature of language, learning and teaching. Method is an overall plan for systematic presentation of language based upon a selected approach. Techniques are the specific activities used in the classroom that are consistent with a method. Therefore, they are in harmony with an approach as well.

I usually learn the second language in the classroom. It take more effort to learn it. I need a specific teacher because sometimes, because second language learning is difficult to be done alone till a certain stage. Learner have to by hard the rule of the grammar, analysis of poetry and drama.  

Furthermore, I learn a second language when I go to the lecture. For example; sometime, I do conversation with friends before the class start. I learn a lot from my friends through conversation and sometime we correct other mistake, I take some assist form my friends and I also assist when they need, in this ways I learn the second language in the university. 



[1] Cambridge Dictionary

[2] Oxford Dictionary 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My experiences on learning English as a second language

  Your experiences on learning English as a second language Language is the best way to communicate with each other. As humans, we all hav...