Sunday 14 May 2023

My experiences on learning English as a second language

 


Your experiences on learning English as a second language

Language is the best way to communicate with each other. As humans, we all have a native language. As far as I am concerned, my first language is Tai Khamti but I can learn many languages due to the current improvement of the education system. It is a psychological requirement for Homo sapiens to live as clusters. In that context, inter-personal communication is an essential fact. Lack of proper communication can cause many problems. Therefore, it’s time to contemplate on the importance of learning a second language.

I was born in Pangen Village, Nmasai District Arunachal Pradesh India. There is an English medium school and I used to go there until 8 grade and I become a monk, so I left my school in 2014. In my lifetime I have studied English at monastery so, I did not get that opportunity to involve in English practice so that’s why it take me a long time to get into it. But now I am trying my best to learn something new.

If I compare my experience before and now, I can totally understand that there is a learning process which we have to follow and also learning English as a second language is very complicated that we cannot just suggest others that you can do this and you will improve your English. So, I decided to learn English as a second language because I wanted to improve my skills and increase my Knowledge for study so I used to translate a words from Hindi to English and English to Hindi. And English is the most widely spoken language in the world and is used everywhere in the world. Therefore, I believed that learning English would be a valuable asset in both my personal and professional life. That is why, I learn English language.

There are four skills in the English language they are – listing, speaking, reading and writing. So in this article, I am going to share my experience with learning English. So back in India I think I never get that kind of opportunity to speak with the audience and then I came here in 2020. Then I get to involve in many different programs. Among them, English camp really helped me and also in our university, at our leisure time, we talked about their culture, their lifestyle and everything with friends. So I think I learnt a lot.

Although Tai Khamti is my mother tongue, I have enthusiasm for learning English language as my second language. Because it can offer me some great advantage. Being able to read many books written in English language is the major reason for that. Likewise, we can watch English movie, listen to English songs in their original version.

In addition, I studied second language teaching methods, learning theory and history of English literature in-depth at the University of Sri Lanka. During this period, another challenge I faced was speaking and listening to English in real-life situations. I often felt nervous and self-conscious about making mistakes or not understanding what others were saying. However, I realized that making mistakes is a natural part of the learning process, and that practice and exposure were the keys to improving my speaking and listening skills.

To overcome this challenge, I used to go classes, library, the mostly important is I joined outside English class. In English class we have conversation and listening periods also I participated in every language exchange programs. This provided me with opportunities to practice my speaking, listening, writing and reading skills with friends and teachers. I also tried to speak English as much as possible, even in situations where I could have used my native language. This helped me to improve my language skills and knowledge.

Learning English has changed my life. It has made me proud when I speak in English with foreigner and native sparkers. Besides, allowed me to explore opportunities in academic field, and helped me build important connections with people from different parts of the world.

There are many advantages of learning the English language. One can travel anywhere in the world when he or she is fully confident in English fluency. In addition to those reasons, I have already planned to use the English language in my higher studies. Soon after my examination is over, I expect to follow an English course. Then, I will be able to use the English language to enter a reputed foreign university easily. Because knowledge wrapped in the English language will not be a knot to me anymore.

In addition, learning English is a challenging experience in life. But when you understand the important of learning English is make you self-proud and one day you will achieve your goals. Finally, as far as the above matters are concerned, we can come to a clear idea on “The importance of learning second language”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My experiences on learning English as a second language

  Your experiences on learning English as a second language Language is the best way to communicate with each other. As humans, we all hav...